- Your organization must have a registered charitable number from Canada Revenue Agency to apply for a Community Grant. (This number is required to access the online application form.)
- You may apply for a Community Grant once per calendar year. An exception will be made to accept a second application from an organization where it is collaborating with another community non-profit(s).
- Applying for a Community Grant does not preclude you from applying for a Special Program Grant in the same calendar year, but it must be for a different project.
You may apply for either a One-Time, Multi-Year or Major Capital Grant in a calendar year.
NEW: Effective September 1, 2017, an organization may not apply for a Community Grant if it has an outstanding Community Grant. You must submit your final report from your previous grant before submitting a new Community Grant application.
Projects must primarily benefit the citizens of Winnipeg. Please review our Community Grants Policies and Guidelines [PDF] to ensure your project fits the criteria. If, after reading these guidelines, you have questions about your eligibility, please contact one of our Community Grants Associates before submitting your application.
Application Process and Dates
There is a two-stage application process for Major Capital Grants ($100,000+). Applications must be submitted online.
Stage 1 Application due by March 30, 4:30 p.m. (notification of status by May 15)
- Basic information, including amount requested and brief project description.
- Stage 1 applications that meet The Foundation’s funding priorities will be invited to submit a Stage 2 application by June 15.
- Organizations can only submit one Stage 1 application per year. However, organizations that are not invited to submit a Stage 2 application will still be eligible to apply for a One-Time Community Grant during the calendar year (i.e., in September), for a different project.
Stage 2 Application (by invitation) due by June 15, 4:30 p.m. (notification of decision in November)
Required information is similar to our previous Community Grants over $100,000 applications (project purpose and goals, implementation plan, evidence of need, etc), along with required financial documents.
Note: If an application date falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted until 4:30pm the next business day.