One-Time Community Grants is a new term to better describe our regular, short-term grants to support projects in our community.
- Your organization must have a registered charitable number from Canada Revenue Agency to apply for a Community Grant. (This number is required to access the online application form.)
- You may apply for a Community Grant once per calendar year. An exception will be made to accept a second application from an organization where it is collaborating with another community non-profit(s).
- Applying for a Community Grant does not preclude you from applying for a Special Program Grant in the same calendar year, but it must be for a different project.
You may apply for either a One-Time, Multi-Year or Major Capital Grant in a calendar year.
NEW: Effective September 1, 2017, an organization may not apply for a Community Grant if it has an outstanding Community Grant. You must submit your final report from your previous grant before submitting a new Community Grant application.
Projects must primarily benefit the citizens of Winnipeg. Please review our Community Grants Policies and Guidelines [PDF] to ensure your project fits the criteria. If, after reading these guidelines, you have questions about your eligibility, please contact one of our Community Grants Associates before submitting your application.
Application Process and Dates
Applications must be submitted online and are due by:
- January 30, 4:30 p.m. (notification of decision in late May)
- September 30, 4:30 p.m. (notification of decision in late January)
Note: If an application date falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted until 4:30pm the next business day.
NEW: We will not accept One-Time Community Grant Applications on April 30.
Types of One-Time Community Grants
This grant program supports time-limited community projects, including:
- Capital and renovations
- Conferences and events
- Equipment and infrastructure
- Program operating
- Reports and planning
- Capital campaigns
- Short-term operating support
- Organizational development and capacity building
Preparing your application [PDF]