The Winnipeg Foundation provides many services to help you maximize the benefit of your gift in the community while helping you have a rewarding experience and meaningful expression of your values.
Meet with Foundation staff to explore your charitable goals and the giving options available to you.
You can expect individualized gift planning as well as custom reports and grantmaking tailored to your values and interests.
You can choose the level of:
- involvement you would like to have with your gift
- recognition or anonymity you desire
- communication you wish to receive throughout the year
For an outline of what you can expect as a donor to The Winnipeg Foundation, read our Donor Principles
The Foundation has experience handling all types of gifts and a history of prudent investment practices.
We also have the expertise to support innovative projects and respond to the most pressing needs in our community for the greatest impact on our city.
The Foundation can work with families to bring different generations together around charitable issues, helping to identify grantmaking priorities and leadership issues.
For more information, please visit our Family Philanthropy
Our staff works closely with the agencies in our community and can offer insight into the needs of both.
The Foundation provides:
- Research and information on charitable organizations;
- Expedited grant recommendation and fulfillment process;
- Tours and site visits to experience first hand the work of charitable organizations;
- Due diligence on all grant recipients to ensure they are Canadian registered charities and use your contribution as intended.
Our secure, online system allows donors to conveniently access information about their funds at The Winnipeg Foundation and print off reports at any time.
If you are interested in using Donor Central, secure access to your fund needs to be set up. Contact our Donor Relations staff, call 204.944.9474 (toll-free 1.877.974.3631) or email