Photo: Daniel McFadyen (recovering from a recent surgery), with Foundation CEO Rick Frost.
Donors from all walks of life choose to support their favourite Causes, and their community, though The Foundation. While each fund established expresses a donor’s unique philanthropic goals and wishes, all share The Foundation’s vision of making, ‘a Winnipeg where community life flourishes for all.’
Thank you to all our generous donors!
DANIEL MCFADYEN ENVIRONMENT AND ANIMAL WELFARE FUND
Daniel McFadyen, a seven-year-old who wants to be a zookeeper, created his fund as he passionately believes in the protection of animals, especially polar bears, pangolins and eagles. He hopes other kids follow his lead and create their own funds. Daniel plans to donate money from his birthday and part of his allowance to his fund. He is the son of a staff member at The Winnipeg Foundation. The annual amount available to spend will be paid to charities at the discretion of The Winnipeg Foundation for projects or programs in the Cause of Environment and Animal Welfare.
These endowment funds were established between Feb. 1, and May 31, 2019.
Arts, Culture and Heritage
- Better Still Fund
- Heritage – Buhler Gallery Fund
- Heritage Resources Fund
- Heritage – Transcona Museum Fund
- Military Memorials Conservation Fund
- Eugene (Gene) Pyrz Performing Arts Fund
Children, Youth and Families
- Keep Paddling Fund
- Nor’West Co-Op Community Health Centre Fund
Environment and Animal Welfare
- GROW Trust Fund
- Daniel McFadyen Environment and Animal Welfare Fund
Health, Wellness and Recreation
- Roma Connor and Lauritz Jensen Memorial Fund
- Larry and Shelley McIntosh Fund
Literacy, Education and Employment
- Anonymous Fund No. 4192
- Higher Learning Foundation Scholarship Fund
- David James Wright Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Haddington Bay Fund
- IDEA Fund
- In Celebration of Eddie and Gilbert’s 40th Wedding Anniversary Fund
- Alan and Shirley Kessler Fund
- Terry and Jodi Martin Fund
- The Mitchell Fund
- Alan Partridge Memorial Fund
- Tommy and Ruth Fund
This story is featured in the Summer 2019 issue of our Working Together magazine. Download or view the full issue on our Publications page.