Charitable organizations and the people that are associated with them have shaped our province.
Centennial Institute Grants provide support to charitable organizations from across the province that undertake projects to enrich our appreciation of Manitoba history.
The Centennial Institute, a legacy initiative created by The Foundation to celebrate its 100th anniversary, supports the study of Canadian and Indigenous history with a Winnipeg and Manitoba focus. Learn more – Centennial Institute
Application Due Date
- February 15, 2023, 4:30 p.m. (notification of decision in late April)
Note: If an application date falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. the next business day.
- Only Manitoba-based registered charities are eligible for Centennial Institute Grants.
- Universities are not eligible but interested university faculty members are encouraged to work with community agencies in the development of proposals.
- Applying for a Centennial Institute Grant does not preclude an organization from applying for any other granting program offered by The Winnipeg Foundation in the same calendar year—provided the projects are not the same.
Applications will be reviewed by the Centennial Institute Steering Committee.
Please review our Centennial Institute Grants Policies & Guidelines [PDF] to ensure your project fits the criteria.
- How to Apply Online [PDF]
- Final Report [DOC]
The following organizations received $15,000 grants in 2022 for projects that embellish appreciation of Manitoba’s history from diverse perspectives:
- Crafts Museum and Library
- Friends of Dalnavert
- Main Street Project
- Manitoba Eco-Network
- Manitoba Harm Reduction
- Royal Aviation Museum of Western Canada
- Société Historique de Saint Boniface
- Westworth United Church
- Winnipeg Architecture Foundation
NOTE: We are gradually bringing all of our programs onto our new grant application portal. For now, this program remains on our previous portal. This button will take you to your original account.
Want to update your saved Centennial Institute Grant application? Go to your Account