Charitable organizations and the people that are associated with them have shaped our province.
Centennial Institute Grants provide support to charitable organizations from across the province that undertake projects to enrich our appreciation of Manitoba history.
The Centennial Institute, a legacy initiative created by The Foundation to celebrate its 100th anniversary, supports the study of Canadian and Indigenous history with a Winnipeg and Manitoba focus. Learn more – Centennial Institute
- Only Manitoba-based registered charities are eligible for Centennial Institute Grants.
- Universities are not eligible but interested university faculty members are encouraged to work with community agencies in the development of proposals.
- Applying for a Centennial Institute Grant does not preclude an organization from applying for any other granting program offered by The Winnipeg Foundation in the same calendar year—provided the projects are not the same.
Up to five grants of $15,000 will be awarded per year. Applications will be reviewed by the Centennial Institute Steering Committee.
Please review our Centennial Institute Grants Policies & Guidelines [PDF] to ensure your project fits the criteria.
Application Due Date
- March 15th, 4:30 p.m. (notification of decision in late April)
Note: If an application date falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. the next business day.
The following organizations received $15,000 grants in 2021 for projects that embellish appreciation of Manitoba’s history from diverse perspectives:
- National Indigenous Residential School Museum of Canada
- African Communities of Manitoba Inc.
- Winnipeg Chinese Cultural and Community Centre Corporation
- Nor’West Co-Op Community Health Centre, Inc.
- Japanese Cultural Association of Manitoba Inc.
- Yellowquill College Inc.
- The WRENCH (The Winnipeg Repair Education and Cycling Hub Inc.)
- Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization of Manitoba (IRCOM)
- St. Amant Foundation Inc.
- Women’s Health Clinic Inc.
- Darlingford School Heritage Fund
- Manitoba Historical Society
NOTE: We are gradually bringing all of our programs onto our new grant application portal. For now, this program remains in our previous portal. This button will take your original account.
Want to update your saved Centennial Institute Grant application? Go to your Account