Send a selfie, help a charity!
Join our city’s legacy of generosity by sharing a selfie for a chance to win a $1,000 grant for your favourite Manitoba charity.*
Contest is now closed.
Thank you to everyone who entered!
It’s easy to enter!
- Take a selfie in Bijou Park next to the Walking Together: Journey of Generosity contest sign or with a Walking Together walking tour flyer.
- Post it to your public Instagram or Twitter timeline (no Stories, please).
- Tag @wpgfdn and use the hashtag #TWF100
- Name your favourite Manitoba charity.*
- You can also email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your favourite Manitoba charity.*
*Must be a registered Manitoba charity.
Official Contest Rules & Regulations
Official Contest Rules & Regulations
- Eligibility: Contest is open to residents of Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Board members, board alumni and employees of The Winnipeg Foundation (“The Foundation”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each may participate but are not eligible to accept a Journey of Generosity Contest prize. The Journey of Generosity Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decision of The Foundation as final and binding as it relates to the contest. The contest activities are subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
- Contest Period: Eligible entries will be accepted beginning July 19, 2021 ending August 29, 2021 – dates are subject to change dependent on government health protocols) (the “Contest Period”). Entries received before or after Contest Period will not be eligible.
- How to Enter:
- Follow pandemic requirements and social distancing protocols as stated by Manitoba Government.
- Take a selfie with the Journey of Generosity contest sign or walking tour flyer on Bijou Patio and post your photo on your Twitter or Instagram timeline. Photos published or shared to “Stories” are not eligible.
- To win, an entrant must follow @wpgfdn on Twitter or Instagram.
- Each post must include the hashtag #TWF100
- Each post must tag The Winnipeg Foundation @wpgfdn
- Each post must also include entrant’s local registered Canadian charity of choice (Manitoba only)
- Alternatively, entry may be emailed to email@example.com and include the selfie photo and the name of the registered local charity of choice (Manitoba only).
All participants must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Foundation. One entry per person.
(Selected entrants may only win once. Local registered Canadian charities (Manitoba only) will be eligible to win only one Journey of Generosity prize during the Contest Period.).
- Odds: The odds of winning depend upon the number of people who participate.
- Winner selection and notification: Throughout the Contest Period, 10 eligible winners will be determined by a random selection process from eligible entries received, to win a one-time, $1,000 grant to their local registered Canadian charity of choice (Manitoba only). Draws will be held August 3, 2021 and August 30, 2021 based on entries received by end of day (4:30 p.m. CST) on the day immediately prior to the draw date (the “Draw Deadline”). The number of winners selected at each draw may vary based on the number of entries received by the Draw Deadline. No substitutions are permitted. No charitable tax receipt will be issued to the winner for the grant made. Winners will be notified via The Winnipeg Foundation social media platforms or via email during the Contest Period. If a winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time recognition notification was sent, then the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate entrant will be selected. The grant in the name of the winner is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and provincial laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by any entrant (at The Foundation’s sole discretion) will result in disqualification and all privileges will be immediately terminated.
- Rights Granted by you: By participating in this activity you understand that The Foundation, anyone acting on behalf of The Foundation, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and entrant’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the contest as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: The Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Journey of Generosity Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the contest. The Foundation reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Journey of Generosity activity or violates these Terms & Conditions.
The Foundation has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest activities, to void entries for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the recognition activities may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The Foundation reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By participating you agree to release and hold harmless The Foundation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage whatsoever that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from, relating to or in connection with: (i) such participant’s participation in the contest activities and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any recognition or tickets or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest activities; or (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest activities or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS ACTIVITY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND MANITOBA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Journey of Generosity Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this activity, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Manitoba having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- List of Registered Charities: Only local registered Canadian charities in Manitoba are eligible to receive a Winnipeg Foundation Journey of Generosity grant. A list of registered Canadian charities can be found at https://apps.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/hacc/srch/pub/dsplyBscSrch?request_locale=en.
- Coordinator: The Coordinator of the contest activities is The Winnipeg Foundation, 1350 One Lombard Place, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 0X3.
July 9, 2021
Walking Together: A Journey of Generosity through the Exchange
Don’t forget to check out the Exchange District BIZ’s new walking tour examining our community’s philanthropic roots.
Learn about Forsyth, McDermot Bannatyne, the Alloways, and many more during this 45-minute tour through the historic Exchange District! It also includes information about grassroots, community-led philanthropy in various communities, including Indigenous cultures, while acknowledging historical truths society now recognizes are problematic. Tours are available now until late August.