We want to elevate the conversations, and shine a spotlight on the issues that are important to our community – particularly the charitable sector.
Along with being a grantmaker, The Foundation undertakes research and community initiatives to help inform our work, and to further our vision of “a Winnipeg where community life flourishes for all.”
Insights on Winnipeg Foundation Grantmaking
We value our relationships with community organizations that receive grants from us so we contracted the Centre for Effective Philanthropy (CEP) to conduct an anonymous survey of organizations that have received funding from our Community Grants Program.
The survey solicited feedback on a variety of topics;
- Our impact on, and understanding of community and the organizations that work within it.
- Our relationships with community organizations and our grant processes and communication.
We are most grateful to those organizations that took time to complete the survey and provide thoughtful comments about working with The Winnipeg Foundation. Perspectives Insights on Winnipeg Foundation Grantmaking is a summary of the findings.
- Download Perspectives Insights on Winnipeg Foundation Grantmaking [PDF]
- Download the full survey – Centre for Effective Philanthropy’s Grantee Perception Report [PDF]
If you would like a print copy of Perspectives Insights on Winnipeg Foundation Grantmaking, contact The Winnipeg Foundation at 204-944-9474 (toll-free 1-877-974-3631) or by email.
- Stretched, Stressed and Still Standing [PDF]
Shining a light on Winnipeg’s charitable sector – Released in April 2018
- Winnipeg’s Vital Signs® 2017 [PDF]
A snapshot of life in Winnipeg – Released in October 2017