Click on any of the grant programs below to find policies and guidelines and other resources to help you apply for a grant or follow up on your approved grant.
All Grant Programs
One-Time Community Grants
Camp & Summer Programming Grants
- Camp & Summer Programming – Policies & Guidelines [PDF]
Centennial Institute Grants
- Centennial Institute – Policies & Guidelines [PDF]
- Centennial Institute – Project Budget Form [XLSX]
- Centennial Institute – How to Apply Online [PDF]
COVID-19 – Stabilization Grants
NOTE: Please complete and submit the Final Report form based on the year your organization received its Stabilization Grant.
Literacy for Life Grants
- Family Literacy [PDF]
- Literacy for Life – Policies & Guidelines [PDF]
- Literacy for Life – Project Budget Form [XLSX]
- Literacy for Life – How to Apply Online [PDF]
- Literacy for Life – Final Report Form [DOC]
Major Capital Grants
- Major Capital – Policies & Guidelines [PDF]
- Major Capital (2020 and earlier) – Final Report Form [DOC]
Nourishing Potential Grants
- Nourishing Potential – Policies & Guidelines [PDF]
- Nourishing Potential – How to Apply Online [PDF]
- Nourishing Potential – Final Report Form [DOC]
Organizational Development Grants
- Organizational Development – Policies & Guidelines [PDF]
- Organizational Development – Project Budget Form [XLS]
- Organizational Development – How to Apply Online [PDF]
- Organizational Development – Final Report Form [DOC]
Professional Development Grants
- Professional Development – Policies & Guidelines [PDF]
- Professional Development – Budget Form [XLS]
- Professional Development – How to Apply Online [PDF]
- Professional Development – Final Report Form [DOC]
COVID Resources for Non-Profits
Other measures and programs available for organizations to support COVID-19 related response and recovery.
Resources for charitable organizations
- Imagine Canada
Sector-specific resources and advocacy.
- Volunteer Manitoba
Compilation of resources for local non-profits
- United Way of Winnipeg
COVID-19 Recovery Fund and other resources.
- Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
Compiled information to help employers navigate the pandemic.
- Government of Canada
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan for individuals, business, sectors and communities.
- Province of Manitoba
Provincial programs for individuals and business, as well as public health updates related to COVID-19.
Support for arts organizations
- Canada Council for the Arts
Information and support for the arts sector.
- Manitoba Arts Council
MAC will review organizations’ COVID-19 safety plans for alignment with the current Manitoba Public Health Orders and guidelines.
- United Way of Winnipeg Resources to help individuals navigate financial, health and information needs during the pandemic.
- The Canadian Red Cross Trusted information on COVID-19, mental health resources, and more.
- Canadian Mental Health Centre Information on mental health, direct services, and programming during COVID-19.
Other Resources for Charitable Organizations
The Winnipeg Foundation is a project funder, typically providing short-term support to help organizations better-serve our community. We recognize that most agencies require longer-term and diverse sources of funding to be stable and sustainable. Following are some resources you might find helpful.
- Province of Manitoba Grant Portal
Searchable database of charitable agencies in our province, operated by United Way. You can enter “funding” or “grants” to access information about local funders.
- Volunteer Manitoba’s Non-Profit Drop-In Centre offers free access to Grant Connect, an online database of Canadian grantmakers.
- Many government programs share funding calls via e-wire announcements. Sign up for e-wires with the most relevance for your organization.
Non-Profit Professional Development
- Volunteer Manitoba
Offers a range of workshops and training on board governance, volunteer management, and organizational development such as grant-writing. It also hosts the Non-Profit Drop-In Centre, which provides access to meeting space, computers, a resource library, access to a funding database, and more!
- Non-Profit Learning Centre
United Way of Winnipeg offers a variety of leadership training opportunities.
- Professional Development Grants
The Winnipeg Foundation’s program helping organizations access professional development for staff and board members.
- Canadian CED Network Manitoba
Offers a variety of professional development training opportunities for non-profits, including introduction to the Social Enterprise model.
- Fundamentals of Fundraising
A course designed to help agency staff build and implement successful fundraising plans, offered by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- CAGP Resource Library
Webinars, research, reports and many more resources about gift planning and philanthropy available through Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP).
- Canada Helps
Free resources on fundraising, including events, technology and working with donors.
Organizational Capacity Development
- Organizational Development Grants
The Winnipeg Foundation’s program to help local charitable organizations build their capacity.
- Community Health Information and Research Partnership (CHIRP)
University of Manitoba researchers work with non-profit organizations to assist them with their research and evaluation needs.
Offers short term, specific supports for non-profit organizations through matching with professional volunteers.
- Board Connect
Volunteer Manitoba’s program matchs skilled leaders with Boards or standing committees for one year.
- Charity Village
Provides a variety of free webinars on organizational development, human resources, financial management and more. You can also sign up for e-wires for other free webinars.
- Imagine Canada
Offers free tools on board governance, fundraising, risk management, finance and administration, staff management, volunteer involvement, charity tax tools and advocacy.
- United Way of Winnipeg
Provides small grants to strengthen governance and leadership, strategy and business planning, financial management and human resources.
Demography, Assets and Statistics
Community indicator system that measures the city’s well-being in seven theme areas: built environment, basic needs, economy, education and learning, health, natural environment, social vitality and governance.
- Manitoba Collaborative Data Portal
Hosts mapping tools and knowledge portals specifically on food and nutrition security, transportation, and housing and homelessness, as well as local and national statistics.
- University of Kansas – Community Tool Box
A brief introduction to evaluation.
- University of Wisconsin – Extension
Provides useful tools on evaluation planning, methodology, analysis and use.
- Better Evaluation
A resource on methodologies and process.