Our staff are passionate about our community and give back in countless ways.
From volunteering at local organizations to donating to causes they care about, each staff member has their own unique way of supporting our community.
The Foundation’s Employee Charitable Contribution Committee (ECCC) encourages the culture of generosity in our workplace by providing all employees opportunities to participate, including:
On the last Friday of every month, except July and August, staff are encouraged to enjoy dressing more casually in the office, in exchange for a donation. Participating staff choose a local charitable organization they would like to support. Total dollars raised from participants are matched by The Winnipeg Foundation and then granted to a randomly selected organization each month.
In 2022 our Jeans Days have supported:
- December – Manitoba Opera
- November – Holy Names House of Peace
- October – Winnipeg Pet Rescue
- September – Ka Ni Kanichihk – Velma’s House: 24/7 Safe Space
- June – Manitoba Theatre for Young People
- May – Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre – Support for flood evacuees from Peguis First Nation
- April – Indigenous Family Centre
- March – Ana Tisaj Memorial Fund
- February – Mentoring Artists for Women’s Art (MAWA)
- January – The Canadian Addison Society
Throughout the year the ECCC provides opportunities for Foundation staff to participate, as a group, in activities or events presented or hosted by local charitable organizations.
Recent activities include:
- December 2021 – Elmwood Community Resource Centre and Chalmers Community Centre – Book Drive
- September & October 2021 – Tree planting in Point Douglas and Tyndall Park
- September 2020 – FortWhyte Alive – Tree planting
- June 2020 – St.Amant – Virtual volunteering
- December 2019 – Agape Table, Christmas Cheer Board, A&O Support Services – Hamper and gift deliveries
- October 2019 – Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre – Squirrel box build
- May 2019 – Good Neighbours Active Living Centre – Spring Fashion Show (part of United Way’s Day of Caring)
Photos from our 2021 activities
Employer Matching Program
All staff are encouraged to contribute to their own charitable fund, established at The Winnipeg Foundation. The Foundation “matches” contributions by 50%, up to $600 per year per employee. We are proud to report 100% of Foundation staff participate in the Employer Matching Program.