Our staff are passionate about our community and give back in countless ways.
From volunteering at local organizations to donating to causes they care about, each staff member has their own unique way of supporting our community.
The Foundation’s Employee Charitable Contribution Committee (ECCC) encourages the culture of generosity in our workplace by providing all employees opportunities to participate, including:
On the last Friday of every month, except July and August, staff are encouraged to enjoy dressing more casually in the office, in exchange for a donation. Participating staff choose a local charitable organization they would like to support. Total dollars raised from participants are matched by The Winnipeg Foundation and then granted to a randomly selected organization each month.
In 2021 our Jeans Days have supported:
- April – Richard L. Frost Scholarship on the History of Philanthropy
- March – South Central Regional Library
- February – A&O Support Services
- January – Sunshine House
Throughout the year the ECCC provides opportunities for Foundation staff to participate, as a group, in activities or events presented or hosted by local charitable organizations.
Recent activities include:
- September 2020 – Fort Whyte Alive – Tree planting
- June 2020 – St.Amant – Virtual volunteering
- December 2019 – Agape Table, Christmas Cheerboard, A&O Support Services, hamper and gift deliveries
- October 2019 – Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, squirrel box build
- May 2019 – Good Neighbours Active Living Centre’s Spring Fashion Show (part of United Way’s Day of Caring & Collection Drive)
Employer Matching Program
All staff are encouraged to contribute to their own charitable fund, established at The Winnipeg Foundation. The Foundation “matches” contributions by 50%, up to $600 per year per employee. We are proud to report 100% of Foundation staff participate in the Employer Matching Program.